Monday, September 17, 2007

Human Genome Sciences Inc.

Recently I received a Job offer for the position of Process Statistician from a leading biotechnology firm called Human Genome Sciences Inc. Very good pay package and benefits but it kind of got stuck at Work Authorization approval. I am a year away from getting my US Pemanent residentship but there is no way to convince these big corporations about this as they dont understand.
Now I have decided not to pursue any new jobs until I get my Greencard in my hands next year.
But I feel helpless about the situation that bright future is waiting. I can see it but cant reach there.
I lost a promising career change opportunity just because of this systemic immigration issue. I believe I got this opportunity without any significant efforts and I will get better opportunities once I have my permanent residentship.

No comments: